DC 27's Culinary Journey

Where we play with fire, and we love it.

Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

I'm not a virgin anymore *(never was)

Thursday, January 10, 2008
Yes, I know the layout looks so... *toot*. But I have a job and myself to feed. Chewah. So who cares? The content is what matters.

First day of training. Let's see. I have a fierce chef who I may not understand that well cos' I don't know him that well. The first thing I had to do was make pizza dough with 3 kg of flour, a very sarcastic yet nice female cook who sorta put me under her wing, getting tiew-ed for wanting to go back after my 10 hour shift (which became 12) and almost cooking deep fried calamari (I was washing my hands to get rid of the excess flour before The Sarcastic threw it into the fryer).

Went to lunch hunting for Stevan (BDH dude) and Darren ( stuck in all day dining restauran which is the fancy name for coffee house). Ended eating alone. Did find Stevan though for dinner, who mentioned Darren was mourning his next 6 hours of kitchen. HAHA...

I learned:
Making pizza dough ( I can do it with my eyes closed now)
How good Prego's pizzas really are (eat your hearts out Pizza Hut)
Chop, chop, chop
Slice, slice, slice
Maybe I'm adorable ( A kid was smiling at me when II was peeling tomatoes in the show kitchen while the mum was pointing at me, oh gawssh)
To pre-cook mussels without getting rid of the hair cos you can do it WHEN you cook it fully.
Is this the life for me?

We'll see.

0 mirepoix:

Post a Comment