DC 27's Culinary Journey

Where we play with fire, and we love it.

Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

Personal. Instinctive. Renewal.

Wednesday, January 9, 2008
Miss me anyone? Haha *winks*

Ok, that was so lala....

I've just finished 3 days of orientation In The Westin Kuala Lumpur (I'm required to write out the full name, to sell the brand, you understand). Mostly felt like Form 4 orientation all over, except it was air-conditioned, we had canapes and kung-pao chicken with chocolate fondue and strawberries and fruits for refreshments. Cool huh?

Anyway, tomorrow I'll be starting my first day of training at Prego, the Italian fun dining restaurant of TWKL. The Chef looks fierce. Pray that I'll survive the day.
Back to the orientation. The Training Manager was very funny and he knows how to make things interesting. So his talks were ok. Plus we did treasure hunts, observations and stuff. We even had to practice this mantra...

Welcome to The Westin Kuala Lumpur
Where you are inspired to be your best,
Do you feel renewed today?


Yes-zaa! Instead of the normal, boring ol' "How are you today sir?" they've revamped it to suit their contemporary mood that Westin is trying to potray. It is a mouthful, and so far no associates have I heard uttered this mantra, so maybe it's just for orientation. Who knows?
But I really admire TWKL. It IS one of the most analytical and dynamic hotel that I've ever been to. They are trying to become a world class brand. And the only hotel in KL to offer 2 off days per week for EVERY staff.

I've mad enew friends from all walks of life and form so many places. There's this batch of Indo trainees also doing their training in the hotel. So yeah, this should be an interesting 3 months...

0 mirepoix:

Post a Comment